What’s Galentine's Day? Oh it’s only the best day of the year! Thanks to our hero Leslie Knope, February 13th has become a day to kick it with your best gal pals and do what we do best: ladies celebrating ladies. Traditionally Galentine’s day is celebrated by going out to brunch with each other, but in the age of Covid we've needed to get more creative this year. To help we’ve compiled a list of ideas on how to celebrate Galentine’s Day 2021 whether it be at home virtually or gathering with a small group of girlfriends.
Ways to Celebrate Virtually
1. Schedule a Zoom call with all your gal pals while sipping some wine and snacking on some chocolate. Have a watch party and catch up on all things the Bachelor, or you can have a fun game night playing pictionary, charades, or anything else that gets everyone involved.
2. Send all your gal pals a Galentine’s Day card via snail mail. Even better, bust out those craft supplies and make them a homemade card with all the glitter and cutout hearts. Getting a card in the mail is rare these days, so surprise your friends with a thoughtful note letting them know how much you love them and can’t wait to hangout with them soon.
3. Karaoke Zoom party anyone? There are so many websites that you can use as a karaoke platform, so get your girls together and belt out your favorite love song or breakup song. You really can’t go wrong with anything Adele.
Ways to Celebrate Together
1. Have a cute picnic together. Picnic companies have popped up all over Southern California allowing friends to enjoy a cozy picnic whether you’re at the beach or in your backyard. They do all the setup so you and your gals can show up ready to celebrate. Just don’t forget to add in a yummy charcuterie board too.
2. Host a movie night and let everyone bring their favorite snacks. You can have a marathon of all the chick flick classics like the Notebook or Mean Girls or maybe binge the whole season of Bridgerton together. We personally recommend watching To All The Boys: Always and Forever on Netflix because #peterandlaurajeanforever.
3. Have your own Great British Bake Off. Pick a dessert that no one in the group has made before and start baking. You’ll have a fun time learning a new recipe and techniques along the way. Then you get to enjoy your creation and see if it would be worthy of a Paul Hollywood handshake.